The people of Bella Vista barrio in the hills of Roatan came together with Construction Volunteers in spectacular fashion. They nearly doubled the space for classrooms in the school, and built a new road on steep terrain!
Thanks to your generous donations to our 2018 projects fund and to tremendous organization on the part of the Bella Vista neighborhood on Roatan, we accomplished a lot. The people from Bella Vista – kids, moms, dads, grandparents – and volunteers from the States came together in force and made a huge difference.
- The bottom level of the school we built in 2016 was transformed from a dirty, dirt-piled space to a beautiful new classroom with a beam supported ceiling,stuccoed walls, new doors and windows, concrete floor.
- On either side of the school building, steps were built to access that lower classroom with landings.
- In the upper school, already in use for 18 months, we provided for two classrooms to be used when needed from the one big room.
- A new, solid floor was built over the previous wood floor.
- A smooth, concrete pad was added across the front of the school.
- A sink and toilet were added to the second bathroom and a privacy latticed wall was built around the waiting area just outside the bathrooms.
A new road! The community desperately needed to provide a real road from the school to other main parts of the barrio. You would not believe what they’ve had to live with. So a stretch was filled and flattened, concrete block walls were built on either sides and cement was poured to create an awesome transformation.
Thanks to your generous donations to our 2018 projects fund and to tremendous organization on the part of the Bella Vista neighborhood on Roatan, we accomplished a lot! The people from Bella Vista – kids, moms, dads, grandparents – and Volunteers from the States came together in force and made a huge difference.